Can a Chlamydia Test Result be False Positive? This is the most common question. I tried to answer it with helpful examples and reasons.
The precision of tests differs, contingent upon the kind of test that is utilized. Suggested tests are 90-95% sensitive. This implies they will recognize Chlamydia major symptoms in the vast majority who have the disease.
Keep in mind that no test is 100% precise. There is a little risk that a test may indicate negative not with standing when you have Chlamydia. This is widely known as a false negative test result outcome. Accuracy of Chlamydia Swab test is also not 100%. It is as well additionally feasible for a test result to be positive notwithstanding when you don’t have Chlamydia. This is known as a false positive test outcome. Both these false tests are exceptionally rare. However, can in some cases clarify why you initially got the other result to your sexual partner.
False positive test result for Chlamydia is 100% possible and below are some common reasons for that. You should try to re-test if you are unsure about your first blood test result.
Reasons for false positive Chlamydia test results?
- The lab could have committed an error. Sometime due to computer or automatic machine you may see it as positive. You should be fully aware about reading test result.
- A false positive Chlamydia test is the point at which the tests demonstrates that there is nearness of Chlamydia in the sample, when, truth be told, there is no Chlamydia present.
- It’s a Very rare impossible probability For false positive results to surface when the right item/kit has been used and the designated test had been done, be that as it may.
- Ill-advised choice of tests can prompt false positive test outcomes which we regularly find in test results of patients.
- Ill-advised gathering or treatment of patient samples can prompt false positive and false negative test outcomes.
- A legitimate test for Gonorrhea or Chlamydia for one place in the body is not as a matter, of course, be the best possible test for another place of the body. That is to say, the results from a vaginal swab test may not be the same result from an anus or throat swab test.
- False positive results can be brought about by client blunder, clinical misinterpretation/distortion, careless clinical administrative oversights and cross-defilement between sample tests. Holes in quality affirmation can negatively influence precision in test execution amid the assembling procedure.
- At the field level, preparing and supervision in the relationship with quality control systems are fundamentally vital in the take off of these tests. However, false positive results brought on by cross-reactivity or non-particular serological reactivity/impedance won’t be correctable via preparing in right test use.
Common Situations for False Positive Chlamydia Test
For some strange reasons, women especially pregnant women usually have cases of false positive Chlamydia test results.
Whereas it shows negative on their husbands or boyfriends part, and this causes a breach of trust amid couples, cases and issues like this are prevalent on the internet. But usually, when same couples in question do a re-test, it always shows negative later on. No one still knows why this is so amid women and most pregnant ladies. Sometime accuracy is depend on how long does test take.
Another barrier is the use of antibiotic medicines before going for the test. That is why the doctors ask a patient to stop taking some specific medications weeks before going for a very sensitive test. Since the use of the drugs can alter a perfect result.
What to do after first false positive Chlamydia test result?
We should try as much as possible never to accept a false positive test result without asking for a re-test especially when we are very sure of our status. Because accepting a false positive Chlamydia test result could lead to unethical and unnecessary surgery, treatment or inefficient/ineffective doctor’s appointment, when unknowingly to us and the lab technician we never did had such infection after all.
Originally posted 2016-09-15 13:27:04.